November 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Tue, Nov.25.2003:12:46 AM

MythBusters

Myths from this week's episode. #2 was the most boring to watch, yet the most interesting result.

1) It is very difficult to ignite a toilet bowl with a cigarette, even if it is filled with hairspray, bugs spray, or even gasoline.
2) Over a hundred yard course, it is better to walk in the rain than run in the rain, if your goal is to not get wet. The difference isn't huge, but over eight trials the running person got wetter.
3) Bullets made of meat don't work - they spray. Bullets made out of frozen gelatin don't do much damage from anything but point blank distance. Ice bullets were too difficult for them to make, are unrealistic.

Comments
rss comments netnewswire bloglines Subscribe to comments with Shrook Subscribe to comments with My Yahoo!

Ken,
Looks like you and I are the only two big
Mythbusters fans. You're hit #22 on google on
this topic...
--Paul

Posted by: Paul E at January 17, 2004 10:25 PM

If you're still fans, come check our site out.

www.Mythbustersfanclub.com

We've got several of the show's cast & crew and are active daily with a chat room and show calender more up to date than Discovery Channel's. Some of us may be able to provide a scrap of insider info on occasion.

If you missed it (How could you not? DC isn't advertizing!) there are 2 new shows to be debuted on Tuesday night 10pm. "Myths Revisited" is a retest of controversal myth results, June 8th, and "Scuba Diver/Car Myths" is testing the scuba diver scooped out of the ocean & dumped on a forest fire myth, plus car myths from the movies, June 15th.

Enjoy! Mattfn

Posted by: Tina at May 26, 2004 01:35 PM

Hi my name is Chad Pritchard and i'm from verona NY and i'm 12 years old. I watch your show all the time. I have myth for you that you can test out if you want. This a true story that happened to me at 7:00 on july, 1 2005. I put a jaw breaker in the fridge for 3-4 hours and took it out too eat. I t was too cold to eat so I ran it under very hot water. Soon it started to pop and crack. I put it down and didn't touch it for half-an-hour. I think the same thing happened in the exploding jawbreaker myth only in reverse. If you want to test this out you can but if you don't want to you don't have to.

Posted by: Chad Pritchard at July 1, 2005 04:41 PM

how hard dose a shark bite

Posted by: ozzy at July 19, 2005 06:50 PM

what up mythbusters i love your show its edicational an funny at the same time. let me know if u get this.

Posted by: ozzy at July 19, 2005 06:51 PM